The Sr. Process Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. The Sr. Process Engineer performs engineering design and analysis on complex or unique problems and coaches/mentors less experienced engineers, designers, and drafters. The Sr. Process Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses. Responsibilities include the conceptual, basic process design of unit operations and preparation of process engineering deliverables such as process flow diagrams, heat and material balances, P&ID’s, specifications for equipment and instrumentation systems. The Process Engineer can serve and experience a diverse set of industries that include, Life Science (Agribusiness, Pharmaceutical, Food and Biotech), Process Chemical and Refining.
- Must be capable of leading process engineering and multi-discipline teams through all design phases of a capital project.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical equipment specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and equipment vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for more complex projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- PE license preferred
- 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical or biopharm experience in engineering consulting and/or manufacturing industry
- Experience with process modeling software including Aspen Plus, HYSYS, SuperPro Designer and hydraulic modeling software
- Strong technical, organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Previous experience in the design of processes and facilities for the containment of highly potent compounds
- Previous designexperience of microbial fermentation and/or mammalian cell biologics processing facilities and active isolation and recovery operations.
- Experience with ancillary biopharm processing and utilities that includes; media and buffer preparation, clean- and steam-in-place systems, USP water/WFI generation and distribution and pharma fill and finish operations
- Must be highly motivated with exceptional communication, leadership and teamwork skills