As a Process Engineer, you will work in our office and remotely at project sites as needed to design technical solutions to meet our Client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, architects, designers and other technical professionals to design custom processing systems for the food and beverage industry and other industrial manufacturing operations.
- Process mechanical design as part of multi-discipline project teams in an A&E environment.
- Executes process system engineering from conceptual/planning to final/detail design phase on a wide range of projects from system enhancements or unit operation optimization through all new greenfield construction.
- Works closely with Client personnel including Manufacturing, Facilities and Maintenance, Quality, and Validation to ensure systems are designed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Interfaces with OEM’s/venders as needed to accomplish equipment sizing and selection.
- Directs the work performed by CAD designers.
- Facilitates design coordination with controls/automation, utilities and building systems.
- Prepares installation scopes of work and specifications to facilitate contractor bidding.
- Answer’s RFI’s and reviews submittals throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
- Visits the jobsites as needed to ensure the installation work is progressing according to the construction documents and/or design intent and proactively addresses issues in the field.
- Provides onsite support as needed during system testing, start-up, commissioning and qualification.
- Develops project scopes and assists with preparation of proposals for engineering/design services as well as complete constructed solutions.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Participates in temporary on-site staffing assignments (also known as “staff augmentation”) at local clients as an extension of their orgainzations.
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Bio Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual project experience.
- Must be current licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Texas (or willing to re-license as a condition of hire).
- Minimum 10+ years of industrial process system engineering / design experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of process definition means and methods including identifying process unit operations required, developing process flow diagrams (PFDs), preparing energy and mass balances, conducting cycle time and bottleneck analysis, equipment selection, sizing and specifications, utility requirements matrix and gap analysis, etc.
- Understanding of process construction documents including piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs), equipment general arrangement drawings, piping plans inclusive of orthographic and isometric drawings, operator access platform and equipment support drawings, line lists, tie-in lists, installation specifications, bills of material (BOM), scopes of work, etc.
- Familiar with process control methodologies, types of control valves and instrumentation, developing functional specifications, and comfortable working with automation engineers.
- Knowledge/experience in complex CIP/SIP integration a plus.
- Basic understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Computer skills including AutoCAD (basic), Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project (basic). Familiarity with 3D modeling, computer-based hydraulic analysis and process simulation software skills are considered a plus.
- Plant experience is a plus.
- Food and Beverage experience needed.
Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.