As the Senior Process Engineer, you will perform a variety of technical support work in a specialty chemical reaction and distillation operation. The incumbent will be responsible to implement new processes, improve performance of production process and provide engineering support to the manufacturing facility. This will include process design and modification of new and existing chemical manufacturing processes, gathering and analyzing data, troubleshooting problems and identifying root cause.
As a Sr. Process Engineer, you will spend your time…
- Leading continuous improvement of the processes by:
- applying structured projects such as Six Sigma
- developing and implementing new and improvement processes
- facilitating development and sharing of best practices
- driving performance culture for continuous improvement
- improving cost efficiency of production processes run on site
- Providing engineering and technical resource in areas of unit operation, process scale up and process chemistry.
- Providing technical and resource support required for day to day operations.
- Performing energy and material balances.
- Providing operations and troubleshooting expertise in a specialty chemical and distillation driven manufacturing process.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving to deliver innovative solutions.
- Ability to define and implement cost savings and improvement initiatives.
- Gather, analyze, interpret and act upon unit operations data.
- Optimize efficiency, product quality and process yields Develop project scope for improvement projects and implement small capital projects.
- Work with equipment vendors and suppliers to recommend equipment improvements.
- Prepare flow diagrams, P&ID's and equipment and instrumentation specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in HAZOP and PHA assessments of new and modified manufacturing processes.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years process engineering experience in specialty chemical, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industry is required.
- Experience in a specialty chemical reaction and distillation operation is a plus.
- High level of expertise designing, modeling, operating and troubleshooting both batch and continuous distillation systems.
- Problem solving skills to define problems in practical terms, analyze critically, deliver solutions and follow through to resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.