We are proud producers of pectin, gellan gum and many other nature-based ingredients. You’ll find our ingredients in food, beverage, personal care, household care and even industrial applications. As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for planning, development and implementation and oversight for process improvement activites in a 24/7 plant.
What you will be working on
You will identify and implement process improvements which result in higher throughput, improved efficiencies, recognizable cost savings and more consistent product quality. The job will also involve the design, construction, and commissioning of capital projects to support these improvements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the fundamental functions and responsibilities of the job as defined below:
- Responsible for improving yield, throughput, operating efficiency, and reducing costs without compromising product quality or safety.
- Recommend and implement process improvements aimed at maximizing capacity utilization and reducing the cost of production through process optimization.
- Implement process changes that improve product quality and consistency.
- Select best-suited process equipment for applications by meeting with vendors, running trials, and staying current on new technology.
- Develop technical performance analysis of existing processes and process systems (e.g., fermentation, distillation, solids handling, size reduction and classification, packaging, and basic plant utilities.)
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to identify and implement improvements to plant processes.
- Prepare written reports on findings with recommendations for further work.
- Manage expense and capital projects, when they occur, insuring operation and budget requirements.
- Work with project engineering during the conception and commissioning of new equipment and processes to achieve project goals and schedule.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance to diagnose and correct process capability problems and achieve sustainable results.
- Responsible for assigned capital projects at the plant and assist on larger capital projects.
- Ensure quality work is completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Serve as mentor to junior engineers
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering; other Engineering degrees will be considered with demonstrated Process Engineering experience.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience performing process improvements, equipment installations and modifications, with a strong preference for candidates with similar industry experience.
- Liaise with Project Engineering, Maintenance, Management, and Operations personnel to provide process specifications as required to fully implement process improvements.