This position serves as the Senior Privacy Specialist – Global, reporting to the Global Privacy Officer of Allegis Group, Inc. within the Privacy Office in the Legal Department. S/he will work closely with the Privacy Specialist – North America, who is based in the Allegis Group world headquarters office in Hanover, MD, the Data Privacy Lawyer in EMEA, privacy resources to be added in APAC, and the Privacy Analysts working in the Allegis Group Operating Companies, each of whom are currently based at the corporate headquarters.
The position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies in conjunction with the Global Privacy Officer, Privacy Specialist – North America and the Data Privacy Lawyer in EMEA and any new privacy resources added to APAC to support responsible and compliant uses of data.
- Draft and implement policies and procedures for the Global Privacy Office using knowledge of global privacy laws.
- Draft and implement privacy notices.
- Train employees on privacy topics.
- Lead compliance efforts regarding the Company's cross border transfer mechanisms, including managing the company's Privacy Shield certification.
- Partner with Privacy Analysts and other stakeholders to conduct privacy impact assessments.
- Lead data mapping exercises.
- Coordinate responses to privacy incidents.
- Lead a data protection program focused on vendor due diligence to reduce exposure related to personal data disclosures to third parties.
- Perform contract drafting and review of data protection terms and conditions in vendor, employee and customer agreements using strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Support privacy by design efforts incorporating a working knowledge of technology platforms and data flows, including cloud and mobile devices.
- Conduct assessments and audits related to the Company's data protection program.
- Oversee remediation plans to mitigate risk.
- Stay current and advising internal stakeholders on data protection developments as a trusted advisor.
- Provide business practical solutions and advice regarding complex data protection challenges.
- Adapt to rapidly changing business processes and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Adapt to conflicting ad hoc deadlines and priorities and deadline demands by controlling the daily management of multiple simultaneous workload requests.
- Pursue appropriate privacy certifications during employment (e.g., CIPP-US, CIPP-C and CIPM).
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- No supervisory or management responsibility but expected to mentor other lesser experienced members of the Privacy Office team
- No direct budget responsibility but may have responsibility for managing smaller projects within the overall budget
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
5+ years of experience in any one or more of the following areas: legal practice, information technology, information security or privacy and data protection in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; able to ramp-up quickly
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Highly collaborative, a true team player, coach and mentor, focused on the success of others
- Excellent at coordinating multi-disciplinary teams across global jurisdictions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Quick study; learns quickly
- Strong leadership talent
- Strong project management skills
- Experienced facilitator/presenter to a variety of audiences, including senior leaders
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and accurately and adjust priorities based on new information
- Ability to translate strategy into deep operational execution
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others