Specific tasks responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Safety Analyses and document results (Preliminary Hazards List/Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Safety Assessment Report)
- Document hazards and maintain Hazard Tracking System
- Develop Safety Requirements
- Conduct requirements analysis and flow-down of Safety requirements and attributes in the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Software Requirements and Code Review
- Support Configuration Review Boards
- Participate in System Safety Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Develop Technical Data Packages and Presentations for Safety Board Reviews
- Represent System Safety Engineering and present results of safety analysis at formal program design reviews (Preliminary Design Review/Critical Design Review)
- Document and report residual risk to Risk Acceptance Authority
- 10 years’ experience and familiarity with Safety Engineering and Safety Design concepts
- Experience with product Requirements, the DOORS database tool (or similar tools), and Systems Engineering
- Experience with EVMS, or similar tools and systems
- Existing Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system safety engineering and combat/weapon systems design.
- Experience planning, performing analyses, and reporting results IAW MIL-STD-882
- Experience reading and understanding software coding languages
- Operational experience with U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Air Force combat/weapon systems and Ordnance.
- Experience conducting and documenting analyses
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-454, MIL-STD-1427, MIL-STD-1474, Missile Defense Agency Assurance Provisions (MAP), MIL-STD-464, Joint Software System Safety Committee (JSSSC) Handbook, MIL-STD-1425, and AMCOM 385-17.
- Experience with DOORS, Web-based Software Trouble Report (WSTR) System, and Proposal development.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technical discipline. 8+ years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of College)
Requisition ID 114409BR