Are you interested in building the next-generation industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk is looking for a seasoned experienced professional engineer to join the effort to define and build the future of Splunk. You will work on our Federated Search, Distributed Query and Cataloging features that will power the next generation of Splunk and enable ever deeper customer insights.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from data ingestion and storage to searching, reporting and building dashboards – all in distributed environments. The work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. Engineers at Splunk have a wide impact, from developing new capabilities like metrics ingestion and analysis to working with customers to see their work be used to solve real-world problems.
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Expert level experience with query languages. You have experience in query language design, query mapping, language translation, ASTs, visitors, optimizers, query compensation, manipulating expression trees, conceptualizing complex queries etc.
- Expert level experience producing query abstractionsYou have extensive experience creating and/or maintaining advanced query abstractions like LINQ, Spark or Flink.
- Demonstrated ability to design simple and clear APIs for complex functionality You have empathy for developers and expert skills in producing APIs that allow downstream developers to write beautiful code.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related with 10+ years of professional software development experience