Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Engineering, the Sales Engineer works directly with Nuance’s sales team to discover customer business needs, develop possible sales scenarios, and help convince prospects and existing customers/partners of the value of our products and services.
The Sales Engineer uses their consulting skills during pre-sales to develop and advocate a solution to deliver positive business outcomes for the customer. Pre-sales involvement also includes contributing to and/or making presentations or conducting product demonstrations, as well as developing solution proposals, building archtecture diagrams, ROI cases and creating statements of work. After the sale, the Sales Engineer may continue consulting with the customer to identify the client’s changing needs and provide specifications for product upgrades and/or expanded service agreements.
SE Team Goals -
• Efficiency: Getting better at what we do: process, tools and skills.
• Knowledge: Becoming masters of our key products so that we can demo products and handle most technical questions.
• Sales Collaboration: Partnering with account reps to achieve corporate sales targets.
• Trusted Advisor: Developing a trust relationship with our customers, partners, and co-workers.
SE Mission Statement -
Work with customers, partners and peers to creatively solve business problems with innovative solutions using Nuance’s intelligent products and services. Remain at the forefront of technology by continuously improving our methods and skills.
SE Vision -
To innovate and guide so that we simplify and enhance people's lives.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a set of key customers/partners with the responsibility for assisting them in growing the sales of Nuance’s solutions within their account base.
- Consult directly with clients to explain the technical aspects of Nuance’s capabilities, and develop solution roadmaps. This includes performing initial application discovery with customers/partners, elaborating on functional and feature requirements of the target solution with the customer/partner, architect workable solutions and evaluating possible paths/workflows that are technologically feasible and make good business sense.
- Work with Sales Executives, Product Management, Professional Services, Finance, and Legal on technical aspects of proposals for professional services, and statements of work for applications and technology integration based on preliminary customer/partner requirements.
- Work with Sales and PS Teams to provide accurate work estimates and price quotes for engagements.
- Work with Sales, Professional Services, Product Management, and customers as necessary, to determine innovative approaches for "non-standard" implementations.
- Maintain communication with people at all levels internally as well as with customers/partners, ensuring the proper and timely flow of solution and technical information from and to the account.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams in making sales presentations by sharing accurate technical information that describes the technology behind how Nuance products work. This often includes conducting product demonstrations for customers/partners.
- Provide input into product and research direction by establishing technical requirements, sharing market feedback with product management, and providing feedback on product roadmaps and release definitions.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Project scoping: Experienceresponding to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), providing input on scoping and estimating time/resources and providing quotes for the project’s technical requirements.
- Strategic approach: Understands sales cycle and strategies. Gives valuable input to constantly improve sales strategy. Actively implements and supports approach and processes as defined by sales management
- Account development: Understands the account from an organizational, financial and product standpoint. Ability to clearly outline and develop business cases. Prepares well for sales meetings, has data readily available, and immediately follows up on open issues/concerns
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum years of work experience: 12Years
- Previous experience working in a consultative presales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent demo and presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to take customer requirements and consult with relevant internal authorities in order to draft to proposals and statements of work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation.
- Experience with contact center technologies (IVR, WFM, Telephony)
- Basic understanding of Voice Biometrics and Speech Recognition
- Basic understanding of digital interaction technologies such as live chat, virtual agents/chatbots
- Basic understanding of web development technologies (Java, Tagging, Analytics)
- Basic understanding of call center analytics
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artifical Intelligence)
- Familiarity with IS Security and industry related regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, Data Protection and Privacy regulations).