As a Senior or Principal Engineer in the Technology Development Group at Micron, you will work in industry-leading semiconductor process technology related to new memory technologies. In this position, you will design, explore and optimize plasma etch processes needed for advanced Memory stack integration flows. You will take ideas from conception through process development and implementation. You will be working alongside with Equipment Engineers, Process Development Engineers and Process Integration Engineers to focus and accelerate development of technology that will most likely lead to a commercially successful high density memory.
- Develop processes for etching complex stack of materials
- Design, optimize and characterize oxide and metal plasma etch processes needed for successful integration
- Organize well designed experiments to understand the interaction between process and hardware parameters and use this knowledge to optimize for best performance
- Suggest and evaluate innovative solutions to etch films and enable new device structures
- Work with various integration/structural impacts and constraints to enable functional device
- Derive insightful inferences from the analysis of physical and electrical data and utilize the understanding to modify etch processes to meet the device requirements
- In-depth understanding of plasma physics, etch processes and plasma processing equipment.
- Ability to research and stay abreast with the published literature in etch technology.
- Be a critical thinker and at the same time be a team player and handle constructive criticism from other team members and leverage input to drive projects forward.
- Have an understanding of thin film physical characterization techniques such as SEM, TEM etc.
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation, goal orientation and the ability to aggressively focus on solving problems and to learn new skills.
- Have the ability to plan and execute well-designed experiments and report results in clear concise reports.
- Demonstrate dependability and willingness to take on responsibilities.
- Expertise in new process/tool technology assessment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work through cross-disciplinary and cross-organizational logistical issues.
- Strong communication and reporting skills both written and verbal.
- Proactive approach to problem/project management and good problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- PhD, MS, BS + 5 years experience: Physics, Chemistry, Chemical, Mechanical, ElectricalEngineering or related field of study is acceptable
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Transport phenomena
- Atomic/Molecular Physics
- Surface Phenomena
- Reaction Engineering
- Have at least 5 years of experience in plasma etching