In the role of the Sr Principle Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the plating capacity increase and plating process control. Also support the MEMS probe plating/etching process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, maintain or update Plating Process work instructions; Train Operators to ensure adherence
- Acquire detailed hands on understanding of the Plating line processes and the equipment set in terms of machine performance and process capability to ensure equipment meets or exceeds process criteria.
- Set up and sustain electrochemistry plating equipment, processes, and various metrology methods associated with the control and monitor of such processes. Coordinate and execute problem solving efforts, hands on troubleshooting of Plating Process & equipment issues (work with equipment engineer).
- Work with Production team on a daily basis to ensure operators are sufficiently processing lots per WI. Coordinate downtime with process and production resources
- Manage Chemical maintenance Jobs & scheduling to meet Process needs.
- Support cross training Chemical Technicians on maintenance changes or new equipment chemical maintenance
- Initiate and manage key CIP activities to increase yields in an process capacity and equipment and reduce overall cycle time.
- Own plating tools and develop relationships with equipment vendors to manage service, support, upgrade development & new equipment acquisition / installation projects.
- Plan and coordinate equipment installation activities including specifying facilities needs, developing/executing equipment qualification activities
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and in-depth training to the equipment maintenance technicians to ensure equipment is properly maintained – on time.
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment issues with equipment engineer and employ long term repairs per FFI 8D+ problem solving methods and communicate status and recovery plans throughout the issue resolution process.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Must have a BS degree or higher in Electrochemical, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science.
- 5+ years of related experience as a Process Manufacturing or Process Development Engineer in a MEMS, semiconductor, or other relevant production fab environment.
- Hands-on experience with process, chemistry, and equipment/hardware development required for advanced electrochemical plating processes.
- Proven track-record of developing and deploying creative and practical process solutions for high-volume manufacturing.
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership to aggressively focus on problems either individually or part of a larger team.
- General familiarity with other standard MEMS unit processes and/or materials associated with Thin Films, Photolithography, Planarization (grinding/lapping/Chemical-Mechanical Polishing), and MicroAssembly.
- At least 3 yrs working experience of SPC/DOE for production process control.
- Proven ability to analyze and make meaningful inferences from large and sometimes incomplete data.
- Comfort working with a wide variety of different functions including R&D, Process Integration, and Operations to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to adapt to the company’s changing needs and priorities and be a self-motivated team player.
- Well versed with machine safety and how to ensure equipment complies with industry safety standards.
- Experience working with outside suppliers and machine integrators.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving experience.