Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Information Systems Project Manager (T04) to support Air Force Weather within the Systems Engineering, Management, and Sustainment (SEMS) III Project Management Office (PMO) organization. The position will be located at Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue, Nebraska.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects from initiation to closure in order to maximize value delivery through successful project execution, value-added accomplishments and lean processes.
- Adheres and contributes to project management methods, standards, processes, tools and templates to ensure consistency and communication across the program.
- Supports portfolio managers to develop and maintain a portfolio of projects that align with business goals and Customer needs.
- Accountable for project performance and success in terms of requirements traceability, deliverable quality and timeliness, risk/issue management, schedule and budget.
- Prepares and elaborates project plans, estimates resources and time considering risk, skill sets, dependencies and constraints. Directs, monitors and controls project execution, and provides status and visibility to management and stakeholders for all assigned projects.
- Supports recurring project data collection and analysis, timely information distribution and reporting, and coordinating review activities.
- Collaborates with other project leads and community to enhance project management processes and advance the profession. Identifies and exploits opportunities to eliminate waste and save resources that enable delivery of value that exceeds expectations.
- Keeps current on advances in information technology and provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems, Engineering or other science-related field
- 9 years of relevant professional work experience with project/program management, systems development and business development/management.
- 2 years of technical systems development experience working with a variety of commercial-of-the-shelf software and hardware including client/server, network, storage, and database applications.
- 2 years applying project management standards and best practices to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close technically complex projects for a large enterprise and/or client, including proposal development, working with agile and waterfall methodologies, and scheduling in Microsoft Project.
- Experience leading discussions with key stakeholders, including excellent verbal and written communications with customers, technical teams, peers and direct management to report status, coordinate strategy, proactively identify and resolve issues, collect and refine project constraints, and articulately describe project objectives, deliverables and high-level technical approach
- Experience managing resources (personnel/cost/schedule/equipment)