Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a highly motivated engineer to lead a group of Field Engineers for an advanced sensor program in the National Capital Region.
This engineer is responsible for the management of their budget and the overall execution of the program and customer mission. This includes a comprehensive understanding of multiple technical and support needs of the system, including system maintenance & repair, and multiple site facilities support.
The engineer must display superior decision-making abilities, and be able to work with minimal supervision to ensure system operations, maintenance planning, external customer coordination, and unplanned support activities are addressed on a continuous basis.
This position is also responsible for coordinating the day to day staffing assignments of the field engineering team and any back-fill support personnel as required.
Duties will include mission execution, data capture, troubleshooting technical problems, limited maintenance and repair actions and working with the program technical and management teams to develop solutions to meet product and Customer specifications.
This position will report to the Program Manager or their delegate, will coordinate with other Raytheon Program Integrated Product Teams, and provide feedback to the Chief Engineer, Technical Director, and the customer on system status and recommendations to solve technical issues or concerns.
This engineer will be instrumental in developing the training for customer personnel, and establish long-term operations and troubleshooting concepts for this system.
- Active Secret clearance or higher, and ability to obtain special accesses
- EVM certified
- PM Level 6 or higher
- Minimum of 8 years system support experience to include remote site operations, customer/end user interface, or equivalent
- Demonstrated independent leadership experience with solid team organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, team building, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with standard computer applications
- Must be able to work occasional shifts outside of normal duty hours and travel to remote sites on a periodic basis
- Ability to perform system maintenance tasks using standard hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings including interconnect and mechanical/structural diagrams as well as construction drawings
- Experience with the generation of reports and data transfer
- Experience interacting with U.S. Government organizations and functions
- Ability to establish routine processes, organize work flows, and implement improvements
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems, including Linux.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with radar systems as an operator or maintainer
Required Education: Technical degree or equivalent years of professional experienceThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.