Position Summary Applies a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside the primary area of expertise toward the development of new or enhanced products or processes. Plans, executes and functionally directs important engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
- Applies state of the art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved products and processes.
- May lead a large scale program or several small projects with complex features.
- Performs financial planning and assists in the analysis to justify project approval.
- Independently plans, schedules and leads cross-functional team in detailed phases of the engineering work in a project.
- May supervise one or more engineers or technicians.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrate proficiency(e.g. computer-aided design, total quality management, statistical methods, problem analysis and resolution, materials science, design of experiments, software development)
- Completely proficient in relevant products or process development processes.
- Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities within the business unit.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Extensive cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project mgt. overviews without assistance.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Required Education and Experience
B.S. degree in Engineering and 8-10 years of experience Demonstrated success in delivering results on several technical challenges.