In this role, the successful candidate will perform EMC/EMI technical analysis, as well as design and test on functional systems of company products. This work will require the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field, plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines, (ie mechanical and electrical design concepts).
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Devises new techniques and approaches and provides solutions to a wide range of technical problems by drawing on his/her own areas of technical specialty and consulting with other engineering specialists for technologies where he/she does not have in-depth expertise. Makes independent decisions based on available data, selection of materials and required parameters.
- Evaluates plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommends alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and technical performance objectives.
- Assignments are broad and will include development of new techniques as a result of independent research study; development and evaluation of plans and procedures; theoretical computations and analysis; design and development of equipment with many complex features; testing of procedures, equipment, materials; makes extensive contributions to proposal efforts; responsible for the conduct and performance of assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates work of assistants to ensure progress is maintained to achieve specified aims; interprets and directs the preparation of data for reports on technical findings, recommendations, accomplishments and progress measured against specific plans.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be eligible for a Secret DOD Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in EE (Electrical Engineering), ECE (Electrical and Computer Engineering), or other Scientific degree with suitable E3 content.
- At least 6 years relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with military EMC requirements such as Mil-Std-461, 462 and 464.
- Experienced conducting research in areas which require a moderately high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of EMC specialization.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active DoD security clearance.