Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an opening for a Sr. Principal Electronics Engineer - Avionics Flight Management Computer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.The selected candidate will researches, designs, develops, and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, specifically to Flight Avionics, Navigation, and Cockpit equipment and/or communications equipment and systems.Essential Functions:
- Lead a cross-discipline team in the integration of aircraft avionics subsystems.
- Identify/perform trade studies to identify potential solutions to the Foreign Military version of the AFMC.
- Manage suppliers, review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration, and support test execution.
- Identify/plan/execute informal and formal testing of subsystem requirements in lab, troubleshooting hardware in the lab.
- As a team lead you will have daily interaction with management, external personnel, customers, and various sub teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ Years of electonics engineering experience or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university and 7+ Years of electonics engineering experience or a PhD in a STEM discipline from an accredited university and 4 Years of electonics engineering experience
- Experience with Flight Avionics, Navigation, and Cockpit equipment.
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the past 6 years
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with Flight Management Computer design