Raytheon IDS Engineering seeks a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Seapower and Electronic Systems Department team supporting Navy and Patriot programs at the Raytheon Seapower Capabilities Center in Portsmouth, RI. The successful candidate must be capable of solving technical problems in the area of analog, digital, mixed signal, configurable logic or power design. The desired candidate would possess multi-disciplined expertise in two or more of these areas. Responsibilities will include: requirements analysis and decomposition, sub-system and circuit design, modeling, simulation and design verification test. The candidate will work with other experienced hardware engineers and will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Participate in multi-functional team to develop hardware to meet customer requirements
- Development of circuit cards, subsystems/assemblies, and test systems
- Development of schedules and budgets, participating in integrated product team, and support of one's design through manufacturing
- Occasional Travel to supplier, integration and customer sites
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Providing the interface with On-Site Raytheon personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Analog Design – small signal amplification and filtering, low noise techniques
- Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems.
- Digital design: MUXs, gates, buffers, registers, ram memory, flash memory
- Embedded Systems Development – CPLDs, FPGAs, MPUs, SoCMagnetics Design – Inductor, Transformer, Tuning
- NetworksPower Distribution - Land, Shipboard, Line Voltage, Low Voltage, High Current, DC, AC, Multi-Phase Power Control, Fault Reporting, Isolation, Overcurrent Protection Circuits,
- Redundant SystemsPower Conversion - AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC, 3 Phase, 60 and 400Hz, 2.5 KVA Power conversion capability, Linear and Switching Supplies, PWM, ZVS, and Resonant Circuits, Synchronization, Noise Controls
- Power Design - Filter, Harmonic Control, EMI Suppression, Circuit Simulation, Overload, Short Circuit, Stress Analysis
- Experience with simulation tools: PSpice, Matlab, VHDL Test Bench
- A high degree of mathematical ability and computer literacy Proven customer relations experience
- 12+ Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- Or 10+ years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Or 8+ years with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics