The Hardware-In-The-Loop RF Department is looking for a senior principal electrical engineer with a strong background in analog or digital design focusing on VHDL, firmware, or RF. The HWIL-RF department is responsible for designing, integrating and deploying test solutions for Raytheon Missile Systems RF products.
The Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The candidate must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART. This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units. This position will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders.
The position utilizes detailed circuit design techniques, principles and concepts. Candidates develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Candidate will work in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or other engineering or science degree.
- Ten (10) years of electrical engineering experience developing and designing electronic circuit designs
- Applied work experience developing requirements for circuit card assemblies
- Five (5) years experience with printed circuit boards (PCB) design process utilizing design tools (schematic capture)and electronic circuit analysis tools to analyze / simulate design prior to hardware execution
- Five (5) years of experience developing and integrating firmware designs
- Five (5) years experience in a technical leadership or program management role to include managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Masters or Ph.D. in aforementioned degrees
- Experience working within a cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as Rocket IO
- Experience with signal integrity of digital signals including grounding and shielding techniques
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience using Altium Designer
- Experience in processor designs a plus
- Past engineering experience working in a matrix organization comprised of multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects with rigorous design disciplines
- Ability to prioritize work of others and handle multiple tasks at a time
- A strong advocate for process improvement