- Delivers advanced directed and applied research that has the potential to add new capabilities or business value to FP products in the context of the “human point” (insider threat, dataloss prevention, intent detection, user behaviour, post-mortem forensics, etc)
- The research’s spectrum ranges from human behaviour (e.g. neuro-science), bridges the real and electronic world (e.g. CCTV video and end-point data), to specific technology capabilities and components (e.g. a new threat detection engine)
- Works with the I&P managers and the PL&I lead to deliver research reports and/or turn research into structured ideas for evaluation by the monthly Product Council
- Partners with human behaviour analysts to build data and analytical models from diverse data sources (structured/unstructured, real-world/electronic domain, etc) to enable processing, reporting and decision-making
- Partners with the I&P managers to execute proof-of-concept or prototype for selected ideas and with the DITsec BU development team to develop proof-of-concepts/prototypes
- Develop prototypes for research conducted and build tools as required.
- Mentor and/or lead other engineers in their projects from a technology standpoint.
- Knowledge sharing internally and externally through blogs, security conferences, journals, etc.
- Drive IP portfolio through patent and IPR process
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 15+ years’ previous experience as a data scientist covering human behaviour (consumer or enterprise space) and large electronic data sets (events, logs, etc) preferably in the IT security domain
- Experience in modelling human behaviour and indicators to computer models/programs that can be integrated into commercial products
- Experience in human behaviour related AI and machine learning
- Is able to bridge between scientific/unstructured research and the business domain (i.e. understands productizing of research)
- Ability to lead or participate in small projects/virtual teams to transition research to idea and/or idea to prototype
- Has invented, designed, and built novel software-based technologies related to computer security
- Advanced research or thesis in a computer security related field as listed above.
- Strong experience programming, C/C++, Java, Python, R, Scala, or Perl
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, Master’s or PHD preferred