Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we are all about.
Citrix is rapidly developing and expanding its portfolio of global-scale cloud applications across all product lines, including app/desktop virtualization, networking, and content collaboration. These applications must deliver enterprise-grade availability, performance, security, and compliance while leveraging consumer internet economies of scale in multiple clouds (and in hybrid scenarios that reach behind the enterprise firewall). This requires excellent architecture and DevOps process in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering.
We need a seasoned engineer with deep understanding and hands-on experience in these areas to deliver corporate-wide technical leadership across our 2,000+ strong engineering organization. The right candidate for this role excels in both outbound leadership (evangelism, leveraged communication, and executive influence) and inbound leadership (innovating, solving hard technical problems hands-on-keyboard, and rapidly learning and evaluating new technologies).
The perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We will give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
- Be a Citrix engineering authority on overall cloud architecture and site reliability engineering.
- Be the Citrix engineering authority on one or more special topics, such as Kubernetes, wide-column NoSQL, or global traffic management.
- Work with other senior technical leaders to develop, validate, and communicate the technical vision for our cloud operations (and how we can best deliver value to our customers).
- Advise engineering and corporate leadership on cloud research investment and long-term direction.
- Ensure Citrix leads the industry in cloud application delivery.
- 7 years of industry experience in cloud at scale
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 15 years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 12 years; or PhD with 8 years.
- Expertise in multiple cloud application programming languages and platforms
- Demonstrable deep knowledge of multiple tier-1 cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Proven record of innovation combined with shipping real products
- Notable published research and patents in cloud application technology
- Industry software development experience in SaaS, large-scale web applications, and large-scale enterprise software
- Ability to design and execute on research agenda.
- Proven ability to deliver scalable, reliable, secure, and winning multi-tenant, cloud native applications
- Cost engineering large scale, SaaS applications to meet profit margin and earnings targets
- Examples of leveraging cloud services for product development
- Examples of developing micro-service system architectures (moderate to complex)
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, big data, and object storage technologies (including global data replication)
- Practical knowledge of key web UI technologies (React, Angular, etc.)
- Design and implementation of cloud-based systems for global availability including practice in chaos engineering
- Practical knowledge of APM, monitoring, and logging at scale
- Experience with cloud-based security principles and crypto technologies including HSMs and key management
- Experience building SaaS solutions at scale using technologies and concepts such as CDN, messaging, caching, batch, FaaS, DDos, GTM, and search
- Experience with cloud hosting and provisioning technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform, Helm