Oracle SaaS Development Principal Software Engineer/Architect
Serve as a Technical Architect of the Public Sector Compliance and Regulation SaaS development team. We provide a SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
As part of this new product family, you will interact with a global workforce and provide leadership/guidance, build API's, solutions, frequently operating at leading edge of technology. Communicate with Strategy, UX, QA, Information Development, and Sales & Support.
Due to the large scope of responsibilities and domain knowledge required, this role calls for a highly technical, passionate and detailed oriented candidate, who will rise to the challenge to work with high level architects, application developers and product managers
Must be located at Pleasanton, CA
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 8+ year experience in product development
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
• Strong experience in Java design and development
• Strong knowledge of REST and related Server-side technologies (e.g. SWAGGER, OpenAPI, NodeJS)
• Experience with open source technologies like Python, PandaDB, node.js, Spark GIT Source Control, NOSQL (Oracle/MongoDB) is desirable
• Experience with Cloud Applications and technologies. Experience in scalability, performance, security, concurrency for cloud-based Apps is a plus.
• Desired Experience with Oracle Middle Tier, Oracle Cloud or competing equivalent cloud is required
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion application architecture is a strong plus
• Very strong communication and analytical skills
• Ability to take ownership and work on multiple tracks in a fast-paced distributed environment
• Experience with SCRUM and Agile development methodology
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.