Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Reporting to the Hardware Engineering organization, you will be a key member of the Antenna Engineer team, responsible for various Ruckus Wireless antenna system designs. You will design antennas for 802.11, LTE, GPS and other wireless technologies. This influential role will drive the overall architecture for the company. You will work closely with the broader Engineering team, consisting of Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineers. Local candidates only please.
- Technical leadership and ownership of internally designed antennas for Access Points and other wireless products in the 500 MHz to 7GHz frequency range.
- Lead Antenna Engineering projects.
- Use antenna simulation tools to design PCB antennas, discrete antennas and antenna arrays.
- Perform testing of control interfaces and overall system performance and interface with digital and RF engineers to achieve best overall system performance.
- Build simulated structures and evaluate by measurement to validate simulation results.
- Develop antenna requirements and assist in the specification of system performance requirements documentation for new products.
- Adapt existing designs for new products by simulation and/or hands-on optimization.
- Work with PCB layout personnel and/or mechanical engineers to refine, specify and fabricate prototypes of design. Refine prototype designs for high-volume production.
- Work with RF team to debug RF+Antenna subsystem issues
- Measure prototype performance, analyze, debug and document results.
- Create final specifications and documentation for high-volume production.
- Supporting manufacturing test plans and mass production viability.
- Perform root cause analysis of antenna systems performance issues.
- Perform statistical analysis for high-volume production readiness.
- Support Compliance Engineering to guide product through regulatory testing at external labs.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering preferred with emphasis on antennas or equivalent experience. Candidates with a Master’s degree and relevant experience will be considered.
- 10+ years’ experience in antenna design
- Solid understanding of antenna fundamentals.
- Expertise with Ansys HFSS, CST or other antenna modeling software
- Ability to design, test and debug antennas and antenna systems.
- Hands on experience and capability, proficiency with tools, ability to solder and build breadboards a must.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to conclusion of assigned task
- Experience with antenna lab equipment, including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, and antenna measurement ranges and supporting equipment, etc.
- Ability to write and execute test plans.
- Experience with WiFi, Bluetooth and LTE desired.
- Experience with circuit analysis and circuit layout tools.
- Proven track record in working with real-world engineering constraints.
- Competence in measurement and characterizing of RF devices.
- Knowledge of impedance matching and matching circuit designs.
- Strong antenna and wireless debug skills and general problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Start-up attitude is essential.