What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
This open position is a broad-scope position in the area of Security Consulting. This new hire will help advise Technology & Service Providers how to better position themselves in the industry through better service offerings, an understanding of the competitive landscape, buyer demands and behaviour as well as go-to-market approaches. The following are requirements for this position:
Knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of Data Security across a number of technologies including Enterprise DLP, databaseaudit and protection (DAP); data access governance (DAG); encryption, tokenization, redaction and data masking.
- Although this position will require an understanding of Data Security, there’s a requirement to understand the broader security market as well. Critical success factor will be the ability to view, analyze and link the broad security market and then put it into context of Data Security (for example, how it relates to privacy and regulations).
- Ability to grasp concepts, directions and impacts of new approaches to IT and feeding this knowledge around market dynamics into Gartner’s forecasting methodologies and outputs for the wider security environment
- Understand, analyze and describe vendor strategies and the long-term business impact from a financial perspective
- Understand, analyze and describe how data security providers are evolving their business models and the implications to the competitive environment, technology and buyer behavior
- Understand how vendor strategies, end-user buying behavior and key market trends are impacting the data security market size and growth
- Be able to have key executive discussions with leading security vendors on how they can gain market share
- Be a lead go to person with IT Provider clients in relation to security consulting, end-user buying behavior, and vendor strategies.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
What you will do
- Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client and technology provider input, team and community research, discussions and collaboration, as well as personal experience. Collaboration with peers is critical. Contribute thought-leadership in establishing company research positions.
- Represent Gartner research methodology, strategies and positions effectively at senior level within technology providers, user organizations, government and investors.
- Create written research in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
- Create and deliver presentations for Gartner conferences, local briefings and webinars.
- Provide support to the sales organization to renew and develop business. Demonstrate Gartner research value.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Ability to provide focused one-day client engagements as a research area expert.
- Be able to work across research teams within Gartner on the topic of security.
- Be able to mentor junior analysts on various security topics.
- Support Gartner PR by collaborating effectively with the press according to Gartner rules of engagement.
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Bachelor's degree in related field; proven record of academic achievement at highest level or a Master's Degree in related discipline are an advantage, however experience and knowledge is critical
- 8+ years plus year’s experience
- CISSP preferred.
- Broad knowledge of security technologies
- Ability to take multiple concepts and technological inputs and turn that into sound, factual and practical deployment and/or market opportunity leverage
- Articulate and succinct communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in small and large audience situations alike
Job Requisition ID:33412