The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for leading, managing and enhancing the global pricing function. Develop and facilitate the Aftermarket global pricing strategy in alignment with the overall Aftermarket strategy. Coordinate all tactical activities globally to enable regional pricing policies to ensure alignment with the global pricing strategy. Develop cost controls, profit metrics, market analysis tools and pricing models to create a global parts pricing strategy. Ensure the pricing strategy is effectively communicated to the Aftermarket organization.
Lead the business effort to implement pricing software to the targeted global regions in order to maximize aftermarket parts margin and enhance sales.
Reports to the Sr. Director, Global Aftermarket Pricing and Procurement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop, in conjunction with Sr. Director of Global Aftermarket Pricing & Procurement, Marketing and the Regional Aftermarket Mgrs, the long-term pricing/value architecture and strategy, ensuring alignment with Brand vision and the Aftermarket strategy. Document, and maintain the global parts pricing strategy
2. Facilitate a global steering committee to identify gray markets and adopt pricing strategies to address these markets, and consider the multinational customer approach
3. Provide thought leadership for economic thinking while forming recommendations of pricing, portfolio and product design changes to affect overall value proposition of our products
4. Make recommendations to Senior Management on pricing strategies; communicate pricing strategy, structure, policies and processes to the organization
1. Oversee all tactical aspects of parts pricing, including price book management, price changes, price rolls, price match, e-books, bundles/kits and trade discounts, and ensure global alignment
2. Maintain a continuous improvement culture to ensure customer satisfaction while maximizing profit opportunities.
3. Institutes tools and reporting mechanisms for tracking the performance of the pricing function and parts hierarchy in order to optimize pricing activities
4. Leverage existing and new tools to incorporate analyses (predictive and descriptive) that inform overall pricing landscape and strategy
5. Communicate effectively with Marketing managers and regional Aftermarket managers to understand their needs and provide recommendations to inform and set their long-term vision and strategy
6. Work with cross-functional teams in GPSC, Operations, Marketing and Sales to understand implications of changes to value proposition, help define analysis and market tests
7. Understand industry and macro trends that impact the pricing and value landscape of our categories
8. Develop a strategic pricing approach to the RFP process, considering global needs, opportunities and challenges
9. Manage customer parts discounts and aftermarket rebates.
10. Ensure global application of customer pricing discounts and rebates
11. Provide leadership and pricing guidance for the NA Parts Pricing Manager, pricing analysts, aftermarket program managers as well as the inside/outside aftermarket sales team
12. Ensure CAT Alliance pricing model is maintained
13. Lead pricing projects and understand price sensitivity and competitive intensity of the products in the cross-channel environment. Address foreign consolidators/competitors in each region and recommend future strategy and lead implementation of tactical plans
8 plus years of related pricing experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint is required
Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
Strong analytical skills, with ability to structure and provide frameworks to simplify complex analyses and problems
Experience with pricing software and software implementation (Servigistics experience a plus)
Good logic and reasoning ability required, ability to think "outside the box"
Ability to understand different activities and prioritize accordingly
Familiarity with statistical and predictive modeling tools and frameworks
Administrative and organizational skills
Demonstrated economic thinking and understand of key financial metrics (e.g., financial planning, strategic planning, competitive analysis, portfolio management)