- Owns the pricing process and analytics to optimize MSC visible market prices
- Works with pricing team, IT and pricing application provider in design and implementation of systems and reporting improvements for measuring and monitoring pricing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serves as a trusted adviser to the sales and category teams on pricing and profitability drivers to support profitable sales growth.
- Provides ad hoc analytics on specific opportunities, such as competitive price benchmarking, outlier repositioning and other pricing related analysis.
- Ensures the pricing effect is incorporated in the forecasting process and reconciled to actual results.
- Monitors and analyzes the exception pricing process by recommending guidelines, authority levels and maintaining a disciplined and structured approach.
- Conducts tests to understand price elasticity.
- Assists in analyzing product categories determining the ceiling and floor prices of products. Evaluates cause and effect with pricing, volume, cost, competition, distribution and segmentation. Recommends appropriate levels.
- Builds strong cross functional working relationships inclusive of marketing, finance, business intelligence, IT, sales operations, category management, and field sales for all customer segments.
- Understands and interprets organization goals and initiatives so that priorities are balanced, and timelines established in a cost-effective manner.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of eight years professional experience with at least five years’ experience in an analytical role with one or more of the following disciplines; financial analysis, business strategies, pricing or sales required
- Expertise in retrieving data from systems, such as business intelligence tools
- Hands on expertise of large-data analytics tools, such as Alteryx and Tableau, and/or specific pricing applications such as PROS, Vendavo, Zilliant, R Studio or others
- Experience working with distribution, manufacturing or related industrial markets
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access) required
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and data visualization skills are required
- Financial analytics with deep understanding of revenue, margin and pricing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates within the organization required
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time are required.