McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Sr. Pricing Analyst
This role supports the pricing activities within the Manufacturer Solutions segment of McKesson Specialty Health, particularly in support of Patient Access Solutions. The role will develop, model, analyze, implement and communicate pricing structures with a clear ability to create insightful analysis, particularly as it relates to the business unit, revenue, profit and cash flow measures. This includes analysis with the ability to clearly communicate to and partner with business leaders to align on key business initiatives and meet the needs of our customers. This role is expected to handle financial analysis requirements in a fast paced and demanding environment. Position Description
- Pricing Analysis
- Develop and define pricing structure for both existing and new service offerings with a focus on maximizing profitability
- Partner with cross functional groups (Operations, Account Management, Product Development, Business Development, IT) to ensure that the pricing approach aligns with business initiatives and customer requirements
- Communicate analytical results verbally, in writing and in presentation form to business leaders
- Creation of responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) activity
- Responsible for preparing price/cost volume responses to requests for proposals (RFPs), analyzing solicitation requirements, analyzing contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with RFP requirements and company policies
- Creation of Contracts and Fee Sheets
- Responsible for preparing fee sheet and contractlanguage pertaining to the financial terms and conditions, ensuring compliance with company policies
- Creating the initial customer budget and billing template based on agreed upon pricing and volume assumptions
- Upon completion, transition knowledge of the contract to the respective Finance, Accounting and Billing contacts
- Ad Hoc Request / Special Projects
- Initiating and carrying out special pricing projects of varying nature and complexity with limited supervision by clarifying objectives and assumptions or making appropriate judgments where necessary.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives or projects related to business unit objectives
5+ years' accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- Complex problem solving, analytical and financial/pricing modeling skills - ability to identify areas of profitability opportunities, the root cause of issues, propose potential solutions or improvements and influence ultimate decision.
- Ability to work with and communicate with all organization levels; ability to present and explain financial information to non-finance professionals.
- Project Management experience is required with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to meet competing deadlines.
- Advanced Excel, Proficient PowerPoint.
- People management skills preferred
- In-depth understanding of pricing concepts and principles
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
Professional office environment