AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Auburn Hills, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General's growing Commercial business includes two wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer Powertrain Assembly Plant and automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products. AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
This position is responsible for preparing Cost proposals/actions associated with US Government Requests, Direct International Requests, and Commercial Requests. The position must also ensure that all regulations and AM General policies/procedures are adhered to during the pricing development.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare, and support cost proposals to US Government, International and Commercial customers (Vehicles, Spare Parts, Options, Labor).
- Act as a pricing lead through the full cycle of a bid proposal pricing process.
- Ensure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), and AM General Cost Estimating System requirements with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, compliance, submission, updates/revisions, and negotiations.
- Supports audit requests, fact-finding, and negotiation discussions.
- This position must provide guidance to co-workers on price calculation and review co-workers calculations.
- Be able to perform make/buy analysis according to AM General Procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the success of Integrated Product Teams.
- Adhere to all AM General Polices/Procedures.
- Uphold company values and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting is required for this position along with five experience in finance/accounting or a related field.
- Moderate organizational skills, knowledge of MS Office Products, and a high level of initiative are required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, work independently, be able to problem solve, possess leadership skills, and have SAP experience.
- The accuracy/quality of work must be high and must be able to multi task.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.