Job title: Supervisor - Power/Electrical Systems - DIRECT HIRE
Duration: Direct Hire/Full time permanent
Location: Anaheim, CA 92805
Major purpose: Under the general supervision of the Manager Power & ElectricalEngineering, the Supervisor Power/Electrical Systems is responsible for supervision, adequacy and performance of the staff and facilities to conduct the power electronic design development assigned. Provides the technical leadership and directs the system design development for new technology programs with responsibility to determine power topology designs based on requirements analysis, to ensure PPI’s technical superiority in the market place.
1. Develop and maintain an engineering staff to conduct system power design development
2. Provide requirements analysis, system design engineering, costing and scheduling for existing projects and for new job proposals
3. Prepare technical proposals
4. Responsible for the power topologies and architectures of development programs
5. Build technical competence in the staff
6. Secure and provide staff for all projects in accordance with manpower loading predictions
7. Conduct administrative duties such as performance reviews for associates and hiring
8. Meet department-specified company goals as given by Manager Power & ElectricalEngineering
9. Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Directly supervises employees in the Electrical and Power System Engineering. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and employee career development; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Experience in development of military products
2.Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BSEE from four-year college or university. Master’s degreepreferred. M
Must have ten years applicable experience in power conversion design, and three years supervisory/project leadership experience