As a key position within the Digital Growth & Acquisition team, the Sr. Portfolio Manager will be responsible for working with business stakeholders to plan strategic initiatives and inform product roadmaps to drive cross-channel sales. This highly visible role requires experience in strategic leadership of large, distributed groups in a fast-moving environment. This role will be core to building the future of T-Mobile digital commerce landscape.
This individual will be a key player in the definition, planning, and building of the portfolio. He/She will provide recommendations on reprioritization based on either business/technical resource availability and/or changing business priorities. He/She will need to understand the team and enterprise business goals as they relate to the direction and strategy of the eCommerce team.
This individual should be experienced and comfortable working across functions to deliver complex programs using an Agile framework. The ideal candidate will have experience spanning web, marketing, eCommerce, and brick & mortar retail. This individual will act outside of current management/reporting relationships to enable and support evolving strategic efforts. They will be responsible for coordinating and supporting multiple category manager stakeholders as they partner with the eCommerce, Operations, Enterprise IT, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Care, and Finance teams.
This individual will lead the decision-making process with business partners to ensure delivery on the strategic plan. He/She will monitor and track multiple business activities against delivery, cost, budget, forecast, goals and quality targets and communicate status throughout the organization.
This role requires competency in program/portfolio management, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Lead goal planning process for the organization and tracks progress to goals thru course of the year.
- Supports other leaders in regular strategic review and planning cycles.
- Work with Business teams and data teams to clearly define and document scope, acceptance, priority, and business benefit.
- Develops portfolio level project plan and schedules and provides budget oversight for the business group.
- Maintains tracking of status and upcoming impacts for all initiatives impacting their pillar of strategy.
- Provides regular status reports and updates to business stakeholders and management.
- Convenes stakeholders in standups or other regular syncs to review status and plan next steps.
- Works with other program managers and management to identify and address cross-project dependences.
- Brings changes and suggestions from each program and sub-program to help improve and develop best practices. Manages change within the programs and evaluates risks and assesses potential impacts on program delivery.
- Responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5-8 years of supervisory or program/portfolio management experience
- 5-8 years’ experience managing cross-functional teams
- Preferred: Experience specifically with Agile techniques, especially outside of software development / technical environment
- Preferred: 2-4 years strategic portfolio management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing medium to large programs, including identifying, maintaining, and/or adjusting the cost, scope, and resources, managing vendors, and overseeing the formal planning, tracking, and reporting of program performance
- Strong program management skills and knowledge of best practices
- Strong communications skills by presentation, written and verbal method.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, organizational, communication, and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently. Self-starter.
- Web, eCommerce, Marketing, Retail background preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred