Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we arepartners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engagedin the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Sr. Planner- Noise Specialist for our Milwaukee, Wisconsin office. This position could be based from any HNTB Great Lakes Division location.
Directs the technical production of planning assignments and teams. Coordinates with project manager, project designer and other disciplines on multiple large scale and complex transportation planning, urban design or landscape architectural projects to ensure that the client's technical requirements of projects are fully met. May serve as a Project Manager on a limited basis for select medium and large scale projects. Regular task assignee on multiple projects.
- Performs various project supports tasks where planning involvement is required or requested on major, complex projects.
- Assists leadership with implementation of office-wide technical standards and maintenance of technical resources.
- Prepares scopes of work, fee proposals and assists with responses to RFP’s.
- Directs technical aspects of multiple and large-scale planning projects and teams.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews technical work performed by other project team members.
- Performs quality checks to ensure client requirements are met.
- Responsible for significant portions of presentations and public facilitation.
- Oversees the work of less experienced staff. Assists in directing teams for medium to large scale projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts transportation noise studies for highway and transit projects and formulates the results into concise, well-written documents.
- Prepares environmental impact assessments and related studies.
- Oversees and participates in development of highway and transit noise analyses and documentation.
- Attends meetings with clients and responsible agencies and presents noise analysis methods and results.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in public involvement activities, including presentations at public workshops and public hearings.
- Coordinates and consults with Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of project.
- Researches, writes and preparestransportation planning studies, NEPA environmental documents, andassociated environmental permits.
Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning or related field
10 years related experience
8years relatedexperience (with Master'sdegree inLandscapeArchitecture, Planning or related field)
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- PE registration or AICP, CEP certification
- Experience in highway or transit noise analysis and modeling is required.
- Experience in the use of FHWA and FTA noise modeling and related tools, including Traffic Noise Model (TNM), ArcGIS, MicroStation, and transit noise and vibration impact assessment.
- Experience in the analysis of the range of available data used to perform environmental analysis of highway and transit projects.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with air quality analyses and associated tools to support NEPA environmental documents.
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
Job ID 0917-16861