O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 273 days ago
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar performance tester roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of architecture stacks and performance patterns – in addition to performance tools and performance testing- to understand business requirements and help architect/fine-tune systems for better performance early in the development life cycle.
• This position will be part of Performance Engineering team within Quality Engineering and is responsible for ensuring that performance (end-to-end response times, throughput, transactions per second, capacity, etc.) of MasterCard applications meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Are you an experienced professional who is passionate about innovative technology – specifically performance testing, performance profiling, web/mobile and database performance real-time monitoring and tools - and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Love being hands on and eager to demonstrate a clear path of services adoption to your partners with demos, presentations, and prototypes?
• Do you know how to create performance dashboard comparing and contrasting end-user performance needs to test results, and highlight performance/capacity blockers?
• Do you have a motivation to drive Performance Test automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication to articulate application performance metrics and issues starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review and performance testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned MasterCard developed systems.
• Document performance test strategy and test plans covering environment, schedule, test data set up, testing techniques, and key SLA metrics keeping end-user requirements and customer experience in mind.
• Conduct manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling.
• Partner with operations, product, and development teams to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders.
• Define and implement best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions including Proof of Concepts and Tools evaluation and selection – specifically in the area of emerging technologies (Web, Mobile).
• Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to share knowledge with performance engineering and application teams.
• Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
All About You
• Ability to define performance test plans and roadmap, as well as partner with delivery teams to implement the strategy.
• Experience in Mainframe Cobol, CICS, MQ Series, DB2 and Mainframe job control languages/scripting.
• Experience in performing release and software patch performance testing of Financial Mainframe Product Suites
• Experience in performing Mainframe Code reviews to assure code is adhering to best performance practices and assist with performance related problem resolutions.
• Provide mainframe consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best performance
• Prior experience installing, configuring and using performance testing tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter, and performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
• Tune Mainframe, understand AORs, priorities, message queuing, TCP/IP services, MQ Series clustering/optimization, etc. and having an understanding of tuning Linux/Aix servers for the best performance.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
• Experience in building right performance environment data sets and use of data virtualization tools where required.
• Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc) desirable.
• Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.