This position is responsible for leading all phases of the Standard Development Methodology life cycle for a project. Maintain and/or improve existing systems.
This ideal candidate for this position will be able to operate as a Senior Software Engineer - Performance Optimization with a focus on Front End Optimization for our Digital Channels. This position requires a high level of expertise in front end optimization for web & mobile ecommerce systems with knowledge of factors that impact performance in the network between our customers and our cloud and on-premise systems. The primary focus of this role would be drive continuous improvements to performance of our websites. This position will be embedded into product delivery squads to work closely in cross functional product squads delivering customer facing enhancements to NMG Digital Properties.
- Design, setup and manage front end optimization to improve site performance
- Work with product teams in driving continuous performance improvements of NMG Digital Channels
- Evaluate, design and execute performance measurement, optimization & validation of customer facing web/mobile experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience in various ecommerce B2B/B2C/Mobile/Wearable related architecture, web-services, ESB, networking, performance test scripts, performance tuning
- Work closely with peers to design and develop shared stress and performance testing tools and platforms.
- Develop acceptable performance test reporting and process tools preferably open-source/home grown.
- Extremely well versed with front-end web, backend-batch, cloud-based and n-tier architecture
- Coordinate with team in designing and implementing holistic performance test strategy for application end to end.
- Review architecture, design for performance and understand application Architecture.
- Need to play strategic role to improve process, tools, monitoring, alerts and highly contribute in all initiatives to improve software and hardware performance.
- Script performance test approaches based on defined testing standards, test scope and non-functional requirements
- Work with the Business, Dev, Operations & Infrastructure teams on defining performance requirements & performance budgets
- Identify & implement proof of concepts of emerging technologies, tools to improve Performance standards
- Production analysis of performance, availability and capacity using tools like Dynatrace/Splunk/AppDynamics
- Manage timelines, and resources for each project and have the capability of planning for future capacity needs
- Automation of tasks such as performance measurement, reporting or analysis of web / mobile performance
- Performance analysis to identify bottlenecks & design appropriate optimizations
- Collaborate with operations in finding root cause and reduce MTTR for Performance, scalability related issues
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 6-8 years progressive experience in technology roles in ecommerce / Digital
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in front end performance optimization
- Strong knowledge of front end optimization concepts, Networking, Caching etc
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol and SSL management
- Experience with AWS stack & related technologies is a plus
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Java(J2EE), JSP, Java Script, REST, JSON, Spring, Springboot, and modern JS front end architectures
- Experience and expertise working with databases like Oracle and NO-SQL (Mongo, Cassandra, Elastic) is a plus.
- Experience with Performance tools – HP Load runner/Soasta/ Keynote /CloudTest /Loadstorm etc. or equivalent,
- Plus to have Python or Ruby experience
- Plus to have experience with tools such as Jmeter, Junit, Selenium, Gatling
- Proficient in scripting language(s) to help automate
- Current knowledge monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk or equivalent.
- Highly developed communication and strong presentation skills