POSITION OBJECTIVES & BENEFITS:
- The Senior Test Engineer will:
- Act as a Sr. Test Engineer of Supplier PCBA Test Specifications and Solutions including the timely development, qualification, and production deployment of automated Test Fixtures and Equipment.
- Coordinate the Test Spec definition with product group and Test Implementation details with suppliers.
- Act as a Data Analyst expert within ESG by implementing and monitoring PCBA manufacturing and test equipment critical parameters for process stability (i.e. control charting, SPC, etc…).
- Combine any PCBA-related manufacturing issues with external customer issues and use this knowledge to improve test processes and coverage suppliers and prioritize the findings for respective supplier engineers.
- Manage PCBA test content through proto, NPI, and production phases to ensure robust coverage throughout.
- Summarize and manage the status of existing fixtures (up-time, SPC, calibration, spares, gold boards, HD cloning, RYG dashboards, etc…)
- Apply Product and Systems Engineering approaches to understand and resolve problems with equipment functionality, component quality and reliability, design and application margin related to PCBA testing.
- Travel to Lam Supplier manufacturing locations to conduct situational assessments, audits, and investigations, applying learnings to systematic and lasting product and process improvements
- Apply experience with Industrial Quality Systems, Engineering Design & Documentation, Product Qualification, and Engineering Change (EC) Processes, to creating and maintaining supplier test strategies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering and >5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of teaching, investigating, and influencing team members and stakeholders up to and including internal and external executives
- PCBA and component life cycle management: Specification, Manufacture, Assembly, Test/Inspection, and Sustaining
- Electrical measurement equipment familiarity, including: DMM, LCR, & Milli-ohm Meters, Hi-Pot/Ground Bond Testers, Function Generators, Oscilloscopes, TDR Meters, Spectrum Analyzers, Optical Power Meters, and VDV Cable Testers
- Working knowledge of: SPC, Cpk, DOE, GR&R (MSA), 5-Why, 6S/7W, t/F tests, box plots, 8D, Ishikawa diagrams
- Working knowledge of electrical & mfg standards (Semi S2, OSHA, ISO9000/14000, RoHS, UL, IEEE, MIL, IPC 610/620)
- Semiconductor equipment system and component knowledge
- Techniques and equipment used in inspecting and testing optical and copper cable harnesses
- Ability to analyze schematic functionality and test strategies for: Power Supplies, PCBAs, and computers
- Working Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing, inspection, and test processes