5 - 7 years
Posted 29 days ago
"A Sr. Payroll Specialist must have the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines. Organizational skills, the ability to communicate effectively and work as a team are crucial in this position. Experience in Excel and attention to detail is a must. Confidentiality is also required as you will have access to sensitive information. Prior Kronos experience is a plus but not required. Must have 5 years previous payroll and payroll tax experience."
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for keying and processing timely and accurate bi-weekly payrolls. The Senior Payroll Specialist must be capable of fulfilling the responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist. In addition to the duties of the Payroll Specialist, the Senior Payroll Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual balancing of wages for accurate federal and state tax reporting
* Preparation and payment of state income and unemployment taxes
* Accurate input, balancing, calculation, and payment of garnishments
* Assists in filing federal and state tax returns (i.e. 941, 940, and multi-state SUTA)
* Assists in balancing, preparing, and distribution of accurate W2s to team members
* Collection of overpayments and unfulfilled contractual agreements (i.e. sign on bonuses, service bonuses, relocation, etc.)
* Assists Payroll Specialist to ensure successful job performance
* Unclaimed property reporting
* Upgrades and conversions of the Work Force Central, Lawson, and Document Express systems
The Senior Payroll Specialist should have strong
* Knowledge of payroll rules and regulations
* Organizational skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to handle difficult situations in a tactful and professional manner
* Ability to meet recurring deadlines
* Computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Customer service skills
* Commitment to teamwork
MSHA expects all team members to support the VOS initiative by demonstrating awareness of the VOS system and effectively applying it to his/her work.
Job duties of this position may require access to protected patient information (PHI). The team member will be accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI.
This position reports to the Payroll Supervisor.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant payroll experience. The Senior Payroll Specialist must hold a high school diploma or equivalent experience.
The Senior Payroll Specialist should be capable of working in a fast paced/changing environment while managing various payroll related projects from start to finish. The Senior Payroll Specialist should research and respond to all internal requests in a timely manner. The ability to maintain confidentiality is required.