Position Summary: The Sr. Payroll Analyst position is responsible for manually preparing, reviewing, and approving employee payroll information between the company and the in-country Payroll Providers for locations in Canada, South America, Europe and Asia. The position will also prepare, review, approve and fund multiple payrolls by the required pay dates, ensuring payment compliance for payroll related payments, prepare and record payroll related journal entries in the general ledger, to employee queries, collaborate with Finance, Human Resources, external Payroll Providers and other /external organizations, drive process improvements and lead initiatives to simplify and streamline the payroll processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage relationships within defined SLAs while providing on-going research and issue resolution for Finance, HR, in-country payroll providers and other vendors.
- Accountable for day-to-day payroll activities including but not limited to: completing payroll information on payroll provider's excel , submitting the completed payroll to the in-country payroll providers, reviewing preliminary payroll reports from the payroll providers providing detailed notes of month over month variance explanations and calculations, approving payrolls for payment, downloading monthly payroll documents and addressing complex issues and queries in the shared payroll outlook mailbox with focus on accurately and timely closing of queries.
- Maintain the global international payroll matrix and calendar.
- Maintain up to date procedural documents and review processes for increased efficiencies and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditor.
- Prepare and record Canada and South America payroll journal entries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 5-9 to years in payroll administration related field, preferably with a focus on international Payroll experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, able to work reliably and efficiently across multiple time zones under demanding , and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including the ability to adjust messaging for various levels of recipients.
- Adaptable, exhibits flexibility with changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to identify an issue and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to successfully multi-task in fast-paced environment with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel. Ability to perform v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, GDPR.
- General knowledge of accounting practices.
The people behind our products are responsible for our company's success, and we take your career ambitions seriously. As a NETSCOUT Systems employee, you'll enjoy a generous benefits package.