We are seeking a senior payroll leader with a passion for creating innovative solutions to manage and elevate our American and Canadian payroll and HRIS processes serving over (add employee headcount) employees. Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, this role will provide strategic direction and bring expertise to the payroll and HRIS functions by driving operational excellence, continuous process improvement, strategic alignment, and the maintenance of proper regulatory compliance controls and practices. This individual will build and foster relationships with key internal stakeholders through partnering with the HR Centers of Excellence, Corporate Finance and Tax departments as well as leadership to improve the overall employee experience.
- Continuously develop Crestron’s payroll processes, technology platforms and service delivery, as well as coordinate payroll processes internationally via third party vendor relationships as needed.
- Ensure bonuses/commissions/variable pay earnings are accurate and on-time for the sales teams in line with current compensation plans.
- Manage the payroll and time management system implementation, including upgrades and enhancements. Develop tools and processes to aid in the quality and delivery of payroll by end users.
- Enable the payroll team to improve performance and drive the vision of a payroll services model through engaging multi-disciplinary functions and leading change management.
- Establish policies, practices and controls and monitor compliance of U.S. and Canada payroll, tax, and employee data compliance.
- Collaborate with Finance, Tax, External Auditors, and various business partners to ensure changes in regulations, business strategy, or other matters are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement best practices and key performance indicators (KPIs) for department.
- Identify and coordinate changes in policy and procedures governed by federal, state, and local laws that affect the payroll function.
- Ensure payroll issues are escalated and resolved with root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Coach, mentor and provide performance and career development to team members.
- Establish Payroll/HRIS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide monthly analysis and report on payroll related metrics.
- Possess strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects/initiatives
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in payroll and HRIS systems in a management capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certificate highly preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian tax withholding, reporting regulations, and payroll tax accounting.
- Experience with major Payroll and HRIS systems required (ADP/Ceridian etc.).
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills; as well as presentation skills.
- Highly skilled mentor with success in coaching individuals to achieve their maximum potential and build a strong talent bench.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be involved and contribute to initiatives to help provide a high level of service to employees and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- Extremely strong communicator and project manager with a passion for employee experience and satisfaction.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization.