Under limited supervision analyzes and resolves payroll problems including systems issues and customer inquiries related to tax, wage and hour compliance, garnishments, applicable regulatory requirements and otherpayroll duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Project Management Certification and/or Payroll Certification
- Query VBA, SQL and databaseExperience
- High Level Proficiency in PeopleSoft, or other relevant experience in a payroll or financial application
- Proven experience identifying and implementing process improvements/efficiencies
- Ability to clearly communicate technical and soft skill information by possessing strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent active listing, root cause identification and interpersonal skills
- Audit/Controls and/or Accounting related experience
- Experience managing large volumes of data in Excel
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks
Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent in business, accounting, finance or related field. Five (5) years experience in payroll, financial systems processing, financial analysis, financial planning, business consulting, project management, accounting, audit or operational analysis required. Strong knowledge of personal computer applications. Good analytical, human relations and communication skills. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.