At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As the Sr NAMER Payroll Accountant in Dallas, you will be overseeing the NAMER Payroll Accounting processes, including the GL automation between Workday and Oracle, the preparation and loading of Payroll journal entries and GL account reconciliations performed by the Payroll team members in San Francisco and Bangalore, and the Flux Analysis processes in coordination with Accounting Operations and Strategic Finance. You will also oversee and audit the processing of Equity related data through the NAMER Payroll systems in partnership with the NAMER Payroll team, Stock, PeopleApps, and also external consultants to ensure process accuracy, compliance, and timely tax deposits.
What You'll Do
- Review and evaluate current accounting processes for NAMER Payroll
- Recommend, implement, and manage continuous improvement of accounting processes for NAMER Payroll
- Prepare or oversee journal entries and reconciliation of payroll related GL accounts
- Coordinate with Payroll team members globally on issues impacting payroll accounting
- Develop standard operating procedure documents on all NAMER Payroll accounting processes
- Coordinate with the Stock and PeopleApps teams on the flow of Stock, RSU, and ESPP data into the Payrollprocesses, through the related GL accounts, and onto the year-end wage statements
- Partner with the stock team on the reconciliation of YTD earnings at the state and federal level, and coordinate with the Payroll team on the resolution of all discrepancies
- Review processes to ensure timeliness of Stock related tax deposits, and audit transactions to IRS deposit receipt records
- Ensure PayrollAccounting and Stock processing controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Partner with cross-functional partners in HR Benefits, Treasury, Accounting, Stock, Mobility, Tax, etc.
- Perform flux analyses and document meaningful explanations in support of the close processes.
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
What You'll Need
- 7 Minimum Years of Experience