his role isresponsible forauditing to ensure the accuracy of the operations andinternal controls for thepayrolltax functions. In this role you will act as the business lead on all projects impactingpayrolltaxand will function as the subject matter expert to the organization.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Audits and provide guidance for the tax filings for US, Puerto Rico and Canada by maintaining all state, provincial and local tax jurisdiction setups for all payrolls to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines (includes understanding of managing multiple corporate FEINs)
- Streamline processes and strengthen controls
- Responsible for yearend processing and W-2 compliance
- Participate in all projects impacting payrolltax, garnishments and related accounting
- Complete audits, support for quarterly and year end processes, system testing and project work as needed.
- Audits the reconciliation with 3rd party vendor all federal, state and local payrolltax issues for current and prior pay periods
- Prioritizes and resolves complex payrolltax discrepancies for current and prior periods
- Audits and reconciles quarterly returns and annual statements prepared by outside vendor
- Establish strong working relationship with tax authorities for a multi-state organization.
- Trains and provides guidance for payroll, tax and garnishment team
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5-7 years multi-state payrolltaxexperience with a minimum of 5 years interpreting federal and state regulations.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of payroll and payrolltaxing regulations (i.e. quarterly returns, tax deposits, expatriates, fringe benefits, relocation and etc.). SAP and ADP experience highly desirable.
- Technical expertise in SAP HCM/Payroll system with the ability to pay strong attention to detail while analyzing data.
- Ability to use good judgment by using time management skills, planning ahead, strong collaboration, building contingency plans and finding alternate solutions when original request is not possible.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) as well as Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Access and other commonly used applications.
- Able to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and consistently achieve deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the Company.
- In-depth knowledge related to employment taxes and laws, including experience filing 940, 941, W-2, W-2C and W-3 forms.
- Significant experience dealing with federal, state and local tax and garnishment agencies
- Able to juggle multiple projects with urgent deadlines, excellent customer service skills, while working in a fast paced team environment.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, analytical and demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and work standards.
- FPC or CPP preferred but not required.