The TPBM is an advocate for both the partner to VMware, as well as for VMware to the partner. The TPBM must build sustainable business practices and foster strategic relationships within and across VMware and partner business organizations through the development and execution of partner business plans. Successful candidates will have proven experience in SLED, CxO relationships, partner development and management, partner-based sales, business development and planning, and will be a highly motivated team player.
Responsibilities will vary by the assigned partner, territory, or partner business status, and/or products but will broadly include:
- Partner management: Develop strategic relationships with key partners to drive commitment to VMware products and solutions and to increase the pipeline and revenue driven through each partner. Develop and meet partner sales and business plan targets and manage partner leaders.
- Pipeline management: Drive Co-Selling and joint VMware/partner SLED pipeline from demand generation to close utilizing partner and field sales teams. Effectively communicate, report, track and manage sales pipelines to senior management. Promote collaboration with internal and external resources to facilitate regular communication between partners and VMware.
- SLED Practice Development: Drive development of partner services offerings and solutions to support VMware revenue growth and increase partner profitability. Increase partners’ VMware sales and delivery workforce through sales, presales & technical certifications. Present to and educate the key influencers at the managed partners to ensure they are including VMware in their recommended solutions/proposals to customers.
- Partner business planning: Generate and manage sales and marketing plans for targeted SLED accounts (Partner Joint Business Plans) with all assigned partners—including services practice initiation, enablement, business development, pipeline generation—and align goals and objectives with corporate strategy.
- Partner enablement: Work closely with sales segments, regional sales leaders and product specialists to execute enablement plans. Establish partner training and leverage territory specialists to drive enablement activities, ensuring partners have the necessary and active support from VMware to be successful.
- VMW sales: Create and manage an indirect route-to-market strategy for assigned VMware sales leader, create and manage partner strategies for contract pursuits, and own partner created revenue strategy
- A proven track record in managing SLED strategic partners for either an enterprise software or hardware vendor, defined by meeting/exceeding sales targets, and increasing responsibilities over time.
- Partner management: Minimum 5 years’ experience in direct sales and/or channel (multi-tier) sales. Experience working with solution providers, OEM partners, VAR channels, and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams.
- Sales management: Experience managing cross functional resources, including demand generation strategies and execution, pipeline management, quota management and revenue generation.
- SLED Industry Public sector: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in public sector SLED sales, consulting, IT, or partner management.
- Partner experience: Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for partner issues and to drive joint VMware and partner business opportunities. Strong demonstrated experience with partner economics, business models, and motivations for partner success.
- Proven results: Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven track record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals and working with complex national and global partners and alliances.
- Partner engagement: Ability to develop precise, comprehensive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
- Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels. Ability to convey complex topics and ideas to a broad audience of business and technical leadership within VMware and with partners. Experience in gaining buy-in and sponsorship around SLED investments and practice building.
- Pipeline management: Proven proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analyzing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with partners.
- Business industry acumen: Strong sales and business acumen, expertise in recognizing and acting on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- VMware solution architectural knowledge: Experience developing and understanding high level solution architecture approaches and applying them to partner solution development and GTM scenarios.
- Solution selling: Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs. Demonstrated ability to use different methods (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) to uncover partner and customer solution needs. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirement.
- Teamwork/vTeam management: Strong ability to build and leverage relationships with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both partner resources and direct and indirect VMware resources.
Job ID R1902981-1