At MSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
The Senior Paralegal, Corporate & Securities will be primarily responsible for assisting the SVP & Associate General Counsel, Corporate & Securities in compliance with securities and NYSE requirements as well as all aspects of the corporate secretary function (e.g., Board matters, subsidiary maintenance, transfer agent matters).The Senior Paralegal, Corporate & Securities will also work closely with the Senior Counsel, Corporate & Securities.
This position will support The Madison Square Garden Company (“MSG) and MSG Networks Inc. (an affiliated company of MSG).
- Assist in the drafting of board and committee minutes, agendas, calendars, memos, written consents and resolutions; help oversee Board mailings, including contacting directors regarding availability and preparation of Board packages; coordinate payment of Director retainer and meetings fees and reimbursement of travel costs.
- Help prepare annual shareholder meeting materials, including the script, proxy cards, ballots, and logistics; coordinate with inspector of elections and transfer agent as required; provide required third-party notices; coordinate distribution, receipt and initial review of director and officer questionnaires.
- Assist in the preparation of draft proxy statements and sections of Forms 10-Q’s and 10-K’s; track and prepare exhibits and maintain exhibit index; prepare initial drafts (shell only) of Form 8-K’s for earnings releases and otherrequired filings; coordinate directly with appropriate functions to obtain information for the proxy statement and other filings; coordinate the conversion of Form 8-K’s and other materials for EDGAR filings.
- Assist with restricted legend removals.
- Prepare initial drafts of required NYSE filings, including written affirmations, interim affirmations, notice of changes in the officers and/or directors, outstanding shares, etc.; file materials with NYSE after review by SVP & Associate General.
- Prepare initial drafts of routine Forms 3 and 4 for review by SVP & Associate General Counsel; file Forms 3 and 4 electronically with the SEC; update and track RSU vesting schedule for Section 16 persons.
- Assist in organizing relevant back-up materials to support in-house legal opinions and certifications.
- Prepare written consents, resignations, annual shareholder and director consents, minutes and resolutions for all MSG subsidiaries; maintain subsidiary minute books.
- Maintain a subsidiary database which contains current information regarding subsidiaries, including officer and director information, the purpose of the entity, shareholder data, stock information, etc. Maintain organizational charts.
- Maintain beneficial ownership table/ownership information for directors and officers; coordinate with Dolan Family counsel on ownership information.
- Assist with required notifications under various credit facilities.
- Coordinate with the transfer agent as necessary.
- Form, dissolve, qualify and assist in withdraw of subsidiaries; obtain and manage EIN’s for all entities.
- Assist with code of conduct/ethics certification process/hotline.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relevant corporate files.
- Prepare officer certificates, incumbency certificates, etc. as required.
- Maintain SEC filing codes and passwords.
- Assist with other matters as requested by the SVP & Associate General Counsel, Corporate & Securities.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work/projects
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Commitment to quality work product and organization ethics, integrity and compliance
- Team Player
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a corporate secretary paralegal at a public company
- Committed to working with integrity and producing excellent, accurate work in a timely manner
- Good judgment and ability to set priorities
- Demonstrated creative, flexible problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- At least 7-10 years aggregate in house experience focused on securities compliance and the corporate secretary function; working knowledge of stock exchange requirements; actual experience preparing board minutes, agendas, shareholders meeting materials, etc.
- Currently functioning in a similar capacity at a sophisticated publicly traded company
- Paralegal certification; public notary a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with a subsidiary management database (e.g., Secretariat) and electronic distribution platform (e.g., Diligent Boardbooks)
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8794