Sr Palo Alto Engineer / Administration
8 - 10 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Hope you are doing great!!
We Got an Urgent Requirement where they are Looking for Long-term Contract with US Citizens Only..,
Locals are Highly Preferred.
Position Title: Sr Palo Alto Engineer
Location:- Washington, DC
Contract: 3 - 5 years,
- Support Palo Alto Firewall Engineers with day-to-day operations and firewall support
- Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and networksecurity operations, firewall change requests, firewall configuration, network services, and networksecurity
- Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Palo Alto Firewalls based perimeter securitynetwork and networksecurity devices including but not limited to 7, 5 and 3 series FW’s. The job also involves simultaneously working on the successful engineering, testing and deployment of multiple projects.
- Provide LAN Management Service for Remotely monitored and administered FW’s for over 400 locations throughout the Country.
- Responsible for troubleshootingnetwork and firewall problems, specifically Palo Alto and Cisco ASA’s.
- Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
- At least 5+ years of experience in firewall administration, Network and Information Security, network administration, systems programming, systems design, or related technical specialties. Experience in managing and administering network and firewall changes will be a bonus.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and communication protocols. Knowledge of IPSec, GRE tunnels, multicasting and traffic balancing techniques essential.
- Hands-on experience with all phases of firewall and network operations, firewall change requests, firewall configuration, network services, and networksecurity
- Ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WANnetworks and working with multiple application and system teams to identify bottlenecks and othernetwork configuration issues.
- In-depth knowledge in the area of deep packet troubleshooting with Wireshark and/or Riverbed ACE Analyst and tcpdump
- Knowledge of network routing (BGP, EIGRP) and switching protocols, multicast and QoS protocols, Cisco hardware routers and switches, hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational, time management and problem solving skills are essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with executives, vendors and department staff.
- Verbal communication skills required as this position requires some interaction with requestors (usually application and technical project teams) and the network and firewall outsourcers technical staff.
- Independent worker, but also be a strong team player