EPE USA is a unique global packaging manufacturer and design company withlocations throughout the US and Asia. This, in part, allows EPE to support multiple market segments and leverage our internal global network. From toothpicks to televisions and aerospace equipment to music systems, EPE designs packaging from stock commodities to intricate multi-material designs. Every day is a different day with new products, customers, and packaging solutions from fabricated foam to thermoformed trays ? we do it all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert within protective packaging including the understanding of materials and use of cushion curves
- Manage multiple packaging design and improvement projects with the ability to serve as lead packaging engineer on multiple national accounts
- Ability to lead and manage process improvement teams and cross-functional strategic initiative teams.
- Manages design projects priority level and resources allocation on site.
- Ability to solve complex business issues as they arise
- Establish supporting design team for national accounts and manage teams to meet deliverables and timelines.
- Create and maintain packaging documents including, but not limited to: specs, drawings, and machine instructions
- Take design concepts to physical samples utilizing design lab equipment (3D printer, Kongsberg cutting table, etc.)
- Test packaging integrity through various industry tests such as drop testing, data loggers, etc.
- Optimize packaging size for palletization and container loads
- Develop knowledge to construct pre and post-costing of design concepts
- Leverage new materials and solutions within the marketplace
- Be a valued member of our cross-function team
- All other duties as assigned for the operation.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Packaging engineering or related engineering discipline with6+ years experience OR 15+ years in the packaging design industry
- Advanced use of CAD-related software such as Solidworks, ArtiosCAD, and TOPS
- Experienced team leader and contributor with the understanding of customer service excellence
- Competent in both constructing and presenting PowerPoint presentations and constructing/analyzing data
- Experience in protective packaging A is strongly preferred
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- High energy level and maintains a constant sense of urgency
- Creative thinker and has the ability to see the bigger picture
Senior Packaging Engineers will be required to work in a fast pasted environment and lift up to 40lbs. EEO EPE USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EPE USA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- SolidWorks: 3years
- Thermoformed plastic: 3years
- Fabricated Foam: 3years
- Writing Machine instructions: 3years
- ArtiosCAD: 3years