Edward Jones is undergoing a transformational change, and capability analysis, organizational design, workforce planning and team effectiveness are even more critical to ensuring that leaders are intentionally and actively building our future workforce. We are seeking an experienced Organization Development practitioner to join our internal consulting team. The Organization Consulting team is responsible for diagnosing organizational and human capital needs and developing, delivering and scaling capabilities that are critical accelerators of business strategies in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex environment. We are seeking an individual to join the team and directly contribute to the Firm’s Transformation team.
Commensurate with experience
Hiring Minimum: $89,642
Hiring Maximum: $152,634
Collaborate with Transformation Team, Human Resources colleagues and business leaders to create the strategic direction, design, development and implementation of capability analysis for Edward Jones. This will include the strategy development, implementation and facilitation of processes that will help leaders analyze and assess current and future state capability needs. S/he will also support intact teams through HPT journey process including the developing and maintaining EJ’s HPT journey experiences. Significant partnership with external consultants to ensure quality, knowledge transfer and alignment. Responsible for ensuring the quality of HPT experience (emphasis on distribution of HP behaviors vs. diminished effectiveness or dilution of concepts). Ensures alignment between HPT journeys and shared language portfolio including the identification/design of knowledge transfer/skill building for human capital teams. May design and deliver HPT experiences. The consultant will collaborate very closely with the Transformation Team, business leaders and Human Resource Business Partners during design, implementation and support of the capability analysis and high performing team enablement.
- Position Requirements:Solid understanding of business concepts, strategic alignment and identification of talent implications.
- Demonstrated ability to use diagnostic skills to translate the theory of capability analysis into practical applications that improve business results
- Ability to diagnosis skill and/or mindset gap and apply the appropriate adult and team development solutions. Can influence the creation of scaleable development resources.
- Expertise in organizational development, including workforce planning, change management, organizational design, leadership development, team effectiveness and broad talent management disciplines
- Excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills; with the ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams; capable of translating a vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
- Ability to form, initiate and carry through design to implementation and measurement
- Strong engagement and consulting skills; ability to build strong relationships and work effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to influence multiple levels of the organization and build strong relationships with colleagues
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong project planning and management skills, and the ability to gracefully handle multiple priorities
- Strong comfort dealing with ambiguity and managing change; demonstrates a growth mindset
- Strong capability and courage to “tell the truth” to senior leadership and gain necessary sponsorship for organizational development interventions that are critical to achieving business objectives
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in an internal or external consulting role with senior leaders and Human Resources colleagues to diagnose needs and develop/implement organizational development (workforce planning and change) solutions. Needs to have additional relevant career experience influencing teams, building subject matter expertise and delivering results.
- At least two years of experience leading and coaching others, either directly or indirectly.
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, Human Resources, or a related discipline; PhD preferred; Prosci/ACMP certification and Six Sigma experience encouraged
- PHR/SPHR Certification a plus