POSITION SUMMARY: This person will beresponsible for SOA/BPM Oracle Fusion Middleware design and development of complex criticalinternal components in a highly available mission critical application environment. Mentors and provides guidance and direction to lessexperienced staff. Reviews, analyzes and revises complex program issues that arise.
- Assist in the requirements phase for SOA/BPM projects; apply current knowledge and research current standards to keep up with the continuing changes in the industry
- Create SOA design patterns, reference architectures and development standards
- Create high-level SOA/BPM design documents from requirements utilizing Object Oriented or Structured Methods that contain use cases, flow diagrams, structure definitions and architecture diagrams
- Create detailed SOA/BPM design documents from high-level design documents utilizing Object Oriented or Structured Methods that contain low-leveling state diagrams, common procedural definitions, database design elements
- Code a SOA/OSB/BPM J2EE application from detailed design specifications
- Unit test SOA/OSB/BPM applications using tools and internally developed application test tools using the company's suite of development/test environments
- Integration testing SOA/OSB/BPM across interfacing functional applications and groups that may be involved
- Document thorough release notes detailing the implementation process according to company procedures
- Present the implementation plan in a formal release planning walk-through
- Assist operations with the actual implementation of an application
- Perform post-implementation monitoring and testing to ensure the release is functioning as expected
- Review design documents, code and test results to ensure accuracy and completeness and adherence to the requirements
- Work with operations to identify, implement and refine proactive application and system monitoring techniques to enable the company to provide the highest quality of service possible
- Provides individual tasks, effort and dependencies for Technical Project Manager to build into project plan, based on Software Architecture and Technical Specifications
- Reviews and analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Mentors and provides guidance to Engineers on best practices and standards
- Work with DBA teams for developing SOA environment strategy and build of SOA environments
Requirements EDUCATION: BS/BA in related discipline.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years related experience. 2 years project management and systems experience with progressively increasing software engineering experience and responsibilities; certification a plus. Proven experience installing/administering/tuning/upgrading Weblogic 9.2 and above application servers in Linux environments. Proven experience installing/administering/tuning/upgrading Oracle SOA Suite 11g and above application servers in Linux environments. Experience performance tuning at WebLogic domain level and OS level, performance tuning WebLogic heap, threads, JDBC and JMS subsystems a plus. Experience as a Software Engineer/Systems Integrator working on JEE Platforms - Java/JEE application development experience is a must. Experience as a Software Engineer/Systems Integrator working on Oracle Service Bus (OSB) and Oracle SOA Suite is a must. Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems is required. Experience with Automation, Deployments and Scripting - automating system administration and installation/configuration/setup tasks/programs through shell scripting (Perl, KSH), ANT, WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST), Jython, Python, etc. Experience with Continuous Integration ("CI") tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Hudson etc.
SKILLS: Java J2EE Enterprise software engineering experience on the WebLogic Platform. OSB / SOA software engineering experience on the Oracle SOA Suite Platform. Java, J2EE, Spring, JMX, SQL and PL/SQL, WebLogic, Linux platform Multi-threaded application development. Ability to multitask and perform in a team lead role (if/where required). Exceptional design documentation/UML skills. Ability to provide proof of concepts along with level of efforts on new technologies/projects. Design develop and deploy Java Message Service (JMS) Message queue transmission and reception models for high volume transitionally safe applications. Problem solving skills resolving production/performance issues. Provide Web Service design using Representational State Transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP). Knowledge of JEE Monitoring Solutions and Configuration Management Solutions. Administration of Oracle SOA Suite and Business Process Management. Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence development a plus.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Mainly internal working relationships minimal client responsibility.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal travel; will be required to provide tier 1/tier 2 production support that may include evening or weekend hours.