ECS is looking for a Oracle PLSQL development for enterprise application that integrates data from multiple data sources into a cohesive analytical data warehouse to provide business intelligence applications. Full development life cycle and production support / application maintenance in Agile rapid development environment.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop complex database processes with PL/SQL containing batch or ETL functionality
- Develop and enhance an existing DataMart in an OLAP schema
- Requirements gathering, design, development, testing and documentation
- Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, or related data processing documentation
- Leverage Oracle 11G/12C features to their fullest on a large-scale multi-terabyte system
- Assist Decision Support team members including DBAs, database developers, requirements analysts, and others, in understanding data and meeting user requirements
- Participate in project work groups with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Participate in performance tuning activities
- Provide production deployment and production support as needed
- Analyzing and converting business requirements to technical requirements, followed by designing and implementing the solutions
- Involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle; demonstrate abilities to learn both the business processes as well as new and existing technologies
- Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
- Support production application - investigate and resolve production inquiries and issues. Requires flexible schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in designing, creating and developing Oracle database systems
- Strong programming/development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as Bulk collections, dynamic SQL, and parallel processing
- Solid experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- Experience in developing logical and physical data models
- Experience designing OLAP systems
- Strong SQL development, SQL analytics and tuning skills
- Excellent analytic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Strong communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Postal or mailing industry experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.