We are looking for ?Sr. Oracle EBS Project Manager for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: Sr. Oracle EBS Project Manager
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- We are currently initiating a project: RevPro implementation for ASC 606 Standards. We need a Senior Project Manager to deliver the project on an aggressive timeline, that is, by the end of Q32018.
- The Project Manager will deliver predictable IT project execution, ensuring on-time and on-budget solution delivery to satisfy Customer requirements.
- Scope includes: planning, schedules, cost tracking, issue resolution, deliverable tracking, resource/team coordination and risk management.
- The PM is responsible for the quality of the results and for ensuring excellent communication between stakeholders, resources, executives and other constituents.
- The PM enhances IT productivity, rather than slow it down, by allowing technical resources to focus on their deliverables and not on coordinating the overall project details.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Initiation ?Works closely with project stakeholders and IT PMO to define new project requirements, scope, risks, and objectives.
- Identifies need, business benefit, practicality and cost-benefit or return on investment.
- Facilitates discussions to ensure alternatives to solve the requirements are considered and generates ?ballpark? sizing (budget/resource) and timeline estimates.
- Creates a brief, often one-page, summary and coordinates a Proof of Concept if needed.
- Develops final business objectives, MS-Project WBS, budget, risk assessment, logistics, timeframes and milestones. Ensure the stakeholders identify project resources to meet project needs. Submit project to PMO for tracking and IT Executive review. Completes all necessary paperwork to submit a project request. Establishes clear ownership for all key project deliverables.
Project Execution :
- Manages project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope; initiates, reviews, or approves modifications to project plans as needed. Leads the resolution of project issues.
- Performs risk assessments and facilitates response strategies as needed.
- Coordinates activities of project personnel; sets priorities, responsibilities, and monitors the performance of project team members.
- Raises issues to senior staff and ensures no surprises.
- Updates MS-project deliverable plan as needed and accurately maintains overall project status (Red-Yellow-Green).
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; monitors project milestones and deliverables including ensuring adequate testing. Schedule and facilitate meetings related to the project.
- Ensures stakeholder stay well informed.
- Develops training plan as needed, completes all PMO documentation for project, conducts final go-live project review, and reports any variance to initial objectives and plan.
- Define/develop post go-live support model.
- Assists stakeholders with issues on go live. Takes the project live and resolves issues during rollout.
- Does a 60-day post go live audit to determine how good project met initial business needs.
- Builds close relationships with all levels of the organization, inside and outside of IT, including the executives, requiring a strong business focus with exceptional technical acumen.
- Manages through influence and relationships.
- Sells project benefits at all levels, calms users as needed and helps build team excitement about their contribution. Influences key stakeholders and is highly visible within the user community and company.
- Follows standard IT project processes that enable strong delivery. Adopts high quality change practices.
- Ensures project deliverables meet SOX, security and other compliance standards.
- Understands process for formal change management during a project and the importance of controlling scope creep and changes.
Communications & Documentation :
- Establishes and executes a project communication plan.
- Ensures project documentation is complete, meets the requirements of the customer, and has been delivered to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates and prepares project status reports for department and IT PMO review; tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Experiencerequired in financial systems, preferably Oracle EBS. (RevPro is a plus!)
- High attention to detail, proven planning and organizational skills
- Financial acumen
- Experience in managing vendor resources
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, brings new ideas to problems
- Strong communications skills, able to explain technical components of an initiative to appropriate parties; proactive communications ensure no one gets surprised. Excellent written communication skills and able to deliver proposals with conviction and passion to all levels
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a diverse team, develop sound working relationships and achieve project outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work in large, complex project settings
- Demonstrated ability to manage project risks and create positive impact from lessons learnt on projects. Demonstrated ability and resilience in overcoming project obstacles to meet schedule and financial targets
- Solid understanding of process and how it impacts business operations efficiency and project success
- Experience controlling changes to project scope using a formal change management process
- Proven ability to direct and influence other senior staff / executives outside the direct line management structure
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments based primarily on own experience
- Comfortable working with, influencing, and soliciting ideas from employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage in a global matrix organization and run large, complex, cross functional projects is required
- Initiative ? looks for opportunities, originates new ideas or approaches to improve project and/or management of projects
- High emotional intelligence with good self-awareness
- Strong customer service orientation and good team player
- Self-directed, requires minimal daily supervision
- Bachelors or Master?s degree in Business, Information Services preferred
- 7 to 10 years?experience, and 4+ years in program/project management
- PMP or ITIL certifications are a plus
- Experience managing project or OPEX budgets
- Global company experience
- MS-Project skills