Our client is a $2B+ global manufacturing organization that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. They have created an entrepreneurial environment that provides their employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. The Company has a history of steady growth and a focus on innovative technology. Founded nearly 90 years ago, they have operations in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and other locations internationally.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) will be part of a team responsible for supporting and maintaining the Oracle E-Business Suite and supporting applications. This includes Oracle EBS R12, along with Primavera, AutoTime, Team Center and internally developed databases and applications. This will include on-site databases and other corporate Oracle databases as required. Candidates will also lead outside support companies, and software/hardware vendor support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Apply technical knowledge to develop / ensure that the developed solution performs efficiently and that customers are satisfied with developed solution.
· Works with Oracle Development and other IT Teams in the resolution of software problems and respond to suggestions for effective Oracle database usage.
· Evaluates and recommends changes to development standards. Evaluates and recommends changes to established methods to achieve departmental / BU objectives.
· Adhere to processes within the Business System environment to ensure sustainable compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
WHAT YOU BRING
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related degree
· Oracle DBA Certification a plus
· 5-10 years of experience with Installation, upgrades and managed services experience in Application (11i and R12) and Database (11g, 12c)
· 5+ years of experience in implementing and / or upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite 22.214.171.124 or R12, specifically Oracle Manufacturing/Planning applications; including Oracle ERP experience
· Performance tuning, Capacity planning, Architecture planning; Along with database lock, space management, export and import of the database, performance tuning at DB and apps Level
· Expertise in RMAN, hot and cold backups, backup/recovery planning, implementation, and testing along with experience in architecting high availability/disaster recovery solutions
· Creation/modification of custom tables, indexes, tablespaces and other DDL requests
· Database cloning/refreshes, Database patching research, and Patch application
· Oracle EBS Applications middle tier (forms server, concurrent manager) and Discoverer; along with Oracle EBS Applications patching/upgrades including one-off, mini-pack, and family packs
· Monitoring database using OEM and custom scripts; while creating users and maintaining password rights
· Must have excellent troubleshooting skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
· Skills in Oracle EBS activities like user administration responsibilities, request groups, register forms, printer setup, register custom applications, etc. a plus
· Additional skills like OBIEE, WebLogic, SQL server, SOA, Agile, Hyperion, etc. are an added advantage
· Implementing 24x7 production support procedures
· Ability to build positive and professional business relationships with internal and external clients; work independently and handle a team, work with business to gather requirements
· Must be self-motivated with strong team orientation; excellent at organizing and capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines
· Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance (DoD)
· Due to the nature of this the work, applicants must be a sole US Citizen
Note: This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.