Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your optical engineering skills to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions throughout an unlimited variety of optical design disciplines. You will be empowered to think BIG and challenge yourself to understand more than just one aspect of the optical engineering discipline. You will work along side some of the world's most talented engineers. You will apply research of complex optical systems to achieve desired optical specifications. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation of Optical products by designing, testing and validating products from prototype to market.
- Specify LEDs and other light sources for use in aircraft lighting.
- Estimate the performance of lights based on basic optical principles.
- Use CAD software to design reflectors, lenses, and other optical elements.
- Use LightTools or other analysis software to predict the optical performance of lights.
- Write documentation to evaluate the performance of aircraft lights in the changing aircraft environment—predicting the effects of age, temperature, vibration, etc. on the lights.
- Interact with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in design reviews and presentations with internal and external customers
- Provide optical expertise to manufacturing personnel regarding tolerances and acceptability of imperfections in manufactured parts.
- Work with the test lab to specify intensity, illuminance, and color or wavelength measurements of aircraft lights and lighting components.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Optics, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen, due to ITAR regulations
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- 5 years of experience in the field
- Experience with complete engineering lifecycle (Design to volume production)
- Optical simulation experience (Zemax, Code-V, Light Tools, Trace Pro and other industry standard tools)
- Parametric mechanical modeling experience (Pro-Engineer, CREO and Solidworks)
- Experience with Matlab
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events