At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News. For further information, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com.
- Identify and assess significant operational risks, following financial services industry standard program methodology such as the RCSA. Evaluate current and design desired control environment for operational risks across the bank, through leading the completion of the RCSA program across risk assessable units (RAUs) across the bank, including managing and facilitating working meetings with senior business leaders, documenting and assessing risks and controls, evaluate multiple sources of input data, and interpedently identify process gaps and enhancements, and work with various stakeholders across the business and risk to resolve undesired risks.
- Assist leadership across the company to construct holistic risk profile that takes into consideration multiple operational risk drivers such as third parties, technology, data, security, business continuity, etc. , including data analysis, and presenting data in easily consumable formats to senior and executive management of the bank, and identify and implement program/GRC tool system enhancements with the support of the IT functions
- Identify, document, and lead through issues resolution while managing relationship with senior business leaders across the bank to ensure accountability of issue ownership and timely resolution
- Act as both trusted 1LOD risk manager/partner and credible 2LOD risk independent challenge professional to support our business
- Partner with various 2LOD risk management program to align different risk programs to identify opportunities of synergy and efficiency, while being goal oriented to complete deliverables, promoting our risk culture across the three lines of defense
- Work directly in the bank’s risk software application for communication and documentation on a daily basis
- Design and deliver educational, training or other materials to support desired organizational risk management culture
- Support other risk management functions, committees, policy and governance framework, including drafting of committee meeting materials, maintaining committee charters, etc.
- Other Ad-Hoc Projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 5-7 years of banking/financial services experience, preferably directly in operational risk management related to RCSA, KRI, Internal / Externa Losses, Scenario Analysis, organizational Change Management, and/or program strategic design and execution
- Experienced in risk management, bank operations, compliance, and/or bank internal audit
- Specific knowledge of risk management frameworks, corporate governance, process improvement, banking industry, or products and services
- Ability to quickly understand end-to-end processes of complex business operations through multiple channels of information gathering, to identify risks, process gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to problem-solve, and lead issue through full resolution.
- Demonstrated ability in communicating effectively, both verbally and written. Comfortable presenting and influencing senior business management using both verbal and written communications such as PowerPoint presentations and effective email language. Ability to explain complex concepts in simple language. Superior communication skills – both verbal and written – is one of the most critical success factors of this role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, required. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player. Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships across business, functions, and lines of defense. Understanding of financial analysis – able to work with financial statements / reports.
- Independent self-starter can work independently to produce quality work, and work in collaboration with others to perfect collective work products.
- Well organized and detail oriented to handle diverse and concurrent assignments under specific and urgent timelines