We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
You will manage the Operational Excellence function for the North Haven Operating Site within Surgical Innovations, MITG providing policy deployment and lean operating systems structure to meet North Haven Manufacturing site’s short and long term goals for improved quality performance, increased service levels and reduced COGS, contributing to SI operational efficiency and EHS performance exceeding MITG goals. This role supports ~$500MM cost of production which delivers ~$2.0B of revenue @ ~75% gross margin.
- Report directly to the North Haven Site Engineering and Operational Excellence Director, and dotted line to the SI Operational Excellence Director with direct reporting responsibility for site Operational Excellence staff.
- Establish and maintain a site-wide culture of continuous improvement and Operations excellence including Site Leadership level policy deployment and tiered interactions.
- Lead site-wide cost reduction program targeted at reducing operational costs by 5-7% yearly (~$30M)
- You will coach and train sustaining the OpEx structure as defined within the Medtronic Operating System global operational excellence program
- Manage short & long term vision and execution plans for the Operational Excellence function at the North Haven Operations Site.
- Manage Operational Excellence programs and efforts at the site for short and long term goals achievment assuring culture and systems development in support of continuous improvement in cost and quality performance.
- Manage Lean Sigma Certification Programs (Green Belt/Black Belt) Site wide and assure resources are leveraged for site continuous improvement activities
- Manage Operational Excellence training programs and events throughout the site (DMAIC, A3 Problem Solving, First Time Quality, etc) assuring training and events support site goals for continuous improvement
- Ensure OpEx employees and efforts fully support EHS efforts site-wide assuring achievement of site/SI level goals and continuous improvement driving “best in class” results.
- Attract develop and retain a high performance technical staff.
- Coach, motivate and foster professional development of direct reports.
- Perform regular performance reviews with staff.
- Implement a recruitment strategy to maintain appropriate staffing level.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelors degree in Engineering or technical discipline plus Black Belt certification or equivalent plus 7 years of relevant experience in operations/manufacturing with 5+ years of managerial experience.
Nice to Have
- Masters Degree
- Process improvement and cost savings success
- Solid understanding of Engineering, Project Management, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, Financial acumen.
- Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence
- Ability to Coach and facilitate individually and at the large scale level
- Advanced skills in statistical software packages
- OpEx/Lean Six Sigma/PMI certifications